Our goal at D&A is to help each student reach his or her full potential across multiple domains (academic, cognitive, social/emotional and psychological). We provide evaluations that use state of the art test materials and the latest updated versions of all tests. We also provide useful recommendations and quality therapeutic interventions. Our evaluations can include a variety of assessments such as:
Why have an evaluation?An evaluation serves many purposes:
- Identification. It will identify children who have delays or disabilities and need special education and related services.
- Eligibility. It will determine whether a child is a "child with a disability" under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) definition. A "child with a disability" means a child who qualifies for special education and related services.
- Planning an Individualized Education Program (IEP). It provides information that will help parents and school professionals develop an appropriate IEP for a child.
- Instructional strategies. It will help determine effective strategies to help a child learn.
- Measuring progress. It establishes a baseline (present level of performance) for measuring a child's educational progress. When the evaluation is completed, parents must be given a copy of the evaluation report and documentation that shows how the child's eligibility was determined. Even if evaluation results show that a child does not need special education and related services, the information may still be used to decide what accommodations may be needed in a regular education program.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Please contact us if you are a school in need of neuropsychological testing, psychoeducational testing, social emotional testing, functional behavioral assessment (FBA), counseling or need a review of your Special Educational Services. We would be happy to work with you and help keep you in compliance with DESE. Use the contact form to send us your information or questions. The next step after contact is to plan a consultation to determine the best possible solution.