FBA is the process that identifies specific target behavior, the purpose of the behavior, and what factors maintain the behavior that is interfering with the student's educational process.
The FBA Process
- Step 1: Identify and define targeted behaviors.
- Step 2: What has been tried previously and for how long?
- Step 3: Collect information across respondents and settings.
- Step 4: Identify antecedent events and consequences.
- Step 5: Identify the purpose and function of the inappropriate behaviors.
- Step 6: Develop hypothesis about behaviors.
- Step 7: Develop an intervention based on the hypothesis.
- Identify steps of the intervention, individuals responsible and where and when it will occur.
- What was attempted?
- Step 8: The Plan